Published on February 13th, 2013 | by Shellie Ward0
The Adventures of Mighty Bug!!!!!!!!
We had a fun filled weekend with the Atlanta CVB (Conventions and Visitor’s Bureau) Experience Atlanta Blogger’s Event. We ended the weekend at one of our favorite, yet hidden gem of an attraction, The Center for Puppetry Arts to see The Adventures of Mighty Bug! It worked out perfect because Saturday was in the mid 60s and Sunday was wet and dreary….a perfect day for an inside activity.
I sometimes worry that Haven, my 7 year old may be getting close to outgrowing the puppet shows, but after today’s performance, I’m relieved to know there is still time left! As I always tell you on my post about the The Center for Puppetry Art, that production, stage set, and performance are awesome and this was no exception. As my 4 year old Harley is memorized by the vibrant colors on the stage, Haven was naming off the body parts of an insect! I was impressed by her knowledge! To be honest, I didn’t even know that stuff….
After the show, we attend our next attempt at a Build a Puppet workshop. ( I always have to pray for no meltdowns.) With this show, the Create A Puppet workshop puppet was, of course, a drumroll please……. A BUG! Harley as usual likes to finish first so that she can show off her puppet on the stage. This time the puppets glowed in the black light provided in the classroom. Haven is getting a little better with building her puppet, but like her mom, attempts to build it without the instructions provided, but then forced to read it.
There were quite a few birthday parties happening as well. This a a great birthday party venue, especially during the winter months. Not only are you cool and slick midtown, but parking is free!
I encourage you not to miss this show, especially if you have a membership! Grandparents, this is a great gift, for your grandchildren!
The stuff you need to know before you go……
- Purchase tickets in advance on line.
- Children under 2 are free.
- Memberships will save you on the cost of the shows, birthdays, and events throughout the year.
- Memberships are tax-deductible.
- Access to the museum portion is free to Fulton County residents the 1st Saturday of each month.
- Parking is free.
- Performances range between 45- 75 minutes long.
- There is no food or beverages sold.
- Birthday Parties available.
- Ensure kids are not hungry, you really don’t want to deal with a fussy kid in a quiet room!
- Ensure everyone uses the restroom before performances!
- Some of the exhibits and performances can be frightening to younger children, so beware.
- There are shows for all ages including teenagers and adults.
- There are Create-a-Puppet workshops that you can attend before or after your performance.